One month.

The beautiful sunset on the way home from the cemetery the other night.
Today Emmett would have been one month old.

I can't help but wonder what the past month would have looked like, had he lived.  I wonder how we would be surviving as first time parents (joking…kind of).  I wonder how blissful and exhausting the last four weeks would have felt.  Instead, I find myself wondering how soon his headstone will be in the ground.  I think about how the only celebration we had wasn't a first birthday party, or church dedication, or whatever, but a funeral.  I think about the one day we had to spend with him, and how I was able to hold him.  I think about how hard I tried to memorize every detail of his tiny body, from his long toes to his perfect little mouth to how much he looked so much like Ryan.



Happy one month, little Emmett.  We miss you so much.  The hole you left in my heart is immeasurable in size.  I know I've said it a million times, but I really can't wait to see and hold you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment