Deep waters.

My sister gifted me with this beautiful canvas yesterday.

Over the past few weeks I've been struggling with feeling like I'm drowning in sadness.  I talked a little bit about staring into a pool of grief, and let me just say, the struggle is real.  I sincerely try to stay as positive as possible, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed.  Sometimes I just feel weak, and truly it's in those moments when I'm so grateful for my faith, because these are the verses that come to mind.

I have this canvas hanging in my bedroom, in a spot that forces me to look at it as soon as I wake up, so I can try to have the right perspective for the day.  When I wake up with those feelings of sadness, I see these words and remember that we never walk through life alone.  It may feel like it at times, but we just need to remember to adjust our perspective, or simply remember to call on Him, because He's really there.  He cares about our struggles; He weeps when we weep, He laughs when we laugh.  When I think about how after every heartache I can look back, and see Him there, carrying me, it's like balm to my soul.  When I am able to look back and see how He carried me through the deep waters, it's as if I can feel Jesus wrapping His arms around me all over again.



Rachel actually created this very spur of the moment for me, but she is in the process of opening her own print shop, featuring some of her beautiful hand lettered artwork.  If you'd like to know more about that, you check out her website here.  Thank you times a zillion for the beautiful canvas, Rach.


No comments:

Post a Comment