Fighting your demons.

I mentioned yesterday, this has been a difficult week for me.  I've been missing our baby boy something fierce everyday this week.  (Not that I don't miss him everyday…this week has just felt sad).

I've been thinking a lot about a tattoo I thought about getting at one point in my life.  I wanted the words "fight your demons" printed somewhere on my arm.  (Random, I know.)  Anyone who knows anything about me knows I'm waaay too indecisive for tattoos though, so I never got it.  (Seriously, at one point I considered getting a donut tattooed on my wrist….next to a cute cartoon-like dinosaur…next to some music notes…see? Indecisive!)  I've been thinking about that phrase a lot this week though, as I've been battling my sadness.

I was praying and thinking about it the other day though, venting and asking for God to help me.  I was thinking about how I have this sadness in my life, this loss.  This week has been one of those sad weeks where I feel angry and tired from fighting.  As I was thinking about this, it suddenly felt like God just whispered to me, "I'm fighting these ones for you."

He's fighting for me.  He already fought and won the eternal battle, and in these times when I feel low, He's still fighting for me - in the Bible it flat out spells it out that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, making intercession (praying for) me.  (Romans 8:34)

What sweet, sweet reassurance…the creator of the universe cares enough to still fight for me.  I don't have to fight my demons, because He fights them for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment