Week 22.

I've been too much of an anxious mess to post anything in regards to this pregnancy, but I think I'm going to start sharing updates every now and again, because each life should be celebrated, and that sentiment definitely includes this little one.

I cannot express how much it boggles my mind that I've already reached week 22 of this pregnancy!  The past few months have been a really interesting mix of emotions.  Obviously, we are over the moon about baby number two.  We are dying to know if we're having a boy or girl, we love celebrating the miracle that is life, and I haven't taken a single moment for granted.  At the same time, the whole process has brought fresh waves of grief, as we experience things that remind us so much of our short time with Emmett.  The past few weeks have been filled with lots of baby kicks, and sometimes I cry, because when I feel that little wiggle or punch, I can't help but think of Emmett. (In case you're wondering, so far we seem to have a party baby.  He or she loves to dance around in there, and punch our hands when we poke him/her for more wiggles. :)

Hopefully we'll have a little more success this week in finding out if it's a boy or girl!


...


Currently:  22 weeks, 1 day pregnant

Baby is currently the size of:  a papaya, about 11-12" long.

I'm feeling:  sleepy, excited

Cravings:  Reese's Pumpkins and Thanksgiving foods - particularly green bean casserole!



2 comments:

  1. Yes! Each life should be celebrated :) I'm so glad I wrote down lots of memories I had with my pregnancy with Clive, it just reminds me that he was with me for even longer than the few weeks we had with him after he was born. Praying you'll have peace. I can only imagine the anxiety must be so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - What an incredibly special gift! <3 I've been trying to keep track of this pregnancy, writing little memories, etc. as much as possible. I don't have tons from my pregnancy with Emmett, but I treasure what I do have. Thank you for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete