A brief half marathon training update.
I just thought I'd share a little running update since its been a minute since I last checked in on my progress.
I'm currently on week seven of my half marathon training plan. It's a pretty simple plan, to keep me moving toward my goal of completing the race without dying (haha).
Earlier this year, I struggled with some foot issues, and those issues set me back (a smidge) on my running goals. I was hoping to complete my first half this year, which isn't going to happen, but I did get to run in a 15K, which is pretty darn close! (And Ryan and I kept joking, with parking and walking from the finish to the post-race party, back to our car, it was at least 13 miles, ha). Anywho. I'm not too disappointed, because what is that negativity going to do for me??
Looking forward, I think things are going pretty well. I'm looking at picking up some new shoes, which I think will be a game changer. It seems like my foot changed after the break, and now I need something a little wider to compensate for the changes. We'll see!
Overall, I still really enjoy running. I'm not fast by any means (sometimes it's laughable), but I'm moving, which is all I care about (at this point). I observe a lot of (more seasoned!) athletes and runners via social media, which keeps me encouraged and motivated! Some of them have crazy transformation stories, which are even more inspiring. Generally speaking, I was always the super-non-athletic girl, who hated running! Now, I'm still not very athletic (heehee), but I am running, and loving it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment