I spend so. much. time. perusing Pinterest, saving a TON of ideas that I will realistically never utilize (lol), so today's post was inspired by things that would be super doable to recreate. (Is it just me or are 95% of the recipes and things on Pinterest insanely involved?? Like, who are these people with all of this time to hand create everything in their children's entire world?!)
E is starting to go through a picky phase (yay -_-), so sometimes she doesn't eat everything that's on her plate. At this point, I'm just continuing to offer things over and over, and hopefully she'll go back to being my fearless eater! I try to also supplement with smoothies, where I pack in some extra veggies. Also, sometimes I cheat and use frozen things to add to her meal. I try to keep things as fresh as possible, but sometimes I just need the extra help (especially during weeks like this one, where I'm flying solo on the parenting front while Ryan's on a business trip).
Most of the time, we feed E a bit of whatever we're eating, which also simplifies things quite a bit.
Also, just a side note, these are the plates we've been using (also available here, at a much better price, but in-store only). I love them for many reasons, mainly because they're available in a wide range of fun colors, and they are top rack dishwasher safe!!! (I accidentally bought some hand wash only baby/kid dishes recently, and I was seriously so irritated once I when to load em in the dishwasher and realized they weren't supposed to go in there. I may or may not have top rack'd em anyways. Oops.)
Here are five meal ideas for you that I made for E this week:
Can't go wrong with a grilled cheese, especially when it's Mickey-shaped! (You know how much we love Mickey over here ;) I've found I have better luck with getting Ella to eat certain things when I cut them into fun shapes, which takes an extra five seconds, so why not? Served with Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, cherry tomatoes, and mini seedless cucumbers.
Farfalle pasta with simple meat sauce (hiding the meat so she eats it is key right now), served with cubed cheese, cheddar bunnies, and some sweet potato/applesauce.
Cheese and spinach ravioli, sweet potato fries, and strawberries! (The strawberries have been a huge hit lately.)
Cheesy egg scramble, strawberries, and bunny grahams.
Farfalle pasta with meat sauce, sweet potato fries, and peas.
. . .
Any toddler mom's out there have go-to's for their picky eaters?? I know I'm not the only one with this struggle! Share some ideas in the comments below.
. . .
If you're the pinning type, here's a great image to save! Just hover over it, and you'll see the Pinterest icon appear in the upper left corner :)















No comments:
Post a Comment