One of my sweet friends recently started her blog (you can check it out here), and tagged me in a post with some questions about myself! It's been a minute since I last posted, so I thought this would be a fun way to jump back in :)
I'm definitely hoping to get back to blogging, but with Ella here, the blog has definitely taken a backseat on the list of my priorities. (Which is okay!) I think part of my delay is I want to branch out in my writing - it won't always be about grief, sometimes I want to just write about my life, or something else that inspires me, however random it may seem. I feel okay about that, and hopefully you do too!
With that, here are my ten questions! I'm tagging my insta-turned-real-life friends, Julia at Glitter and Juls, and Megan, at Being Mrs. Fowler to answer the questions at the bottom of my post! Have fun!
How do you cope with writers block?
First, I never try to force a post. I haven't had any success when I just crank something out just to publish something. I take a step back, get some coffee, and revisit when I'm ready. I think it's really clear when someone is just talking to talk. As far as inspiration goes, I try to keep a list of things that inspire me in my notes on my phone at all times! Lord knows I won't remember the post idea that hit me at 2 am if I don't write it down!
What is your motto for good days?
Today is a good day for a good day.
What is your motto for bad days?
Choose joy in chaos.
Favorite dessert coffee drink?
Honestly, I don't usually drink heavily flavored or sweetened coffee drinks! I totally blame my husband. He is a complete coffee snob/geek, and I think he's definitely influenced me there. I usually drink my coffee black, or if it's iced/cold brew, I might do a splash of coconut milk. However, I did try a s'mores Frappucino last summer which was pretty tasty!
Are you where you thought you'd be ten years ago?
Not at all! Ten years ago, I thought I would be living in New York, trying to make it as a singer/maybe actor. I thought this stage of my life would maybe happen when I was closer to thirty. I'm so glad I was wrong!
Describe what you think your average Tuesday will look like ten years from now.
Coffee, take Ella to school, come home, tidy the house, maybe do some writing and/or baking. Maybe we'll become one of those families who have traditions like "Taco Tuesday". We'll see :)
Where are you traveling to next?
I'm not positive. Either Illinois or Tennessee.
It's the zombie apocalypse. How do you survive?
I LOVE this question. If you know me at all, you know I'm a HUGE fan of The Walking Dead. I feel like having seen every episode at least three times (yes, it's that serious), I should be prepared. I would try to make sure I have a small weapon supply, easy to transport, and a small group of people I can trust. If I've learned anything from watching TWD, it's that you need a team you can depend on.
Honestly...I probably wouldn't survive the zombie apocalypse. I like to say I could, but I don't think I would! I'd likely die trying to save Mike (my cat).
Who comes to mind when you hear the word "love"?
Ryan. (I'm sure you're so surprised.) I feel like the luckiest lady in the world. He is kind, selfless, and seriously just the best husband in the world. He supports all of my dreams and loves me so well. I'm so grateful to run the race that is this life with him!
Tell us your favorite joke.
The current presidential race. ;)
(Couldn't resist. And that is as political as things will get around here!)
. . .
Okay, girls. Here are your questions. Feel free to tag someone else when you're done!
What inspires you to keep blogging?
What is your favorite family tradition?
If you could go back in time and talk yourself ten years ago, what would you say?
What are your hobbies?
What is your greatest achievement?
What is your guilty pleasure?
What is your favorite kind of ice cream?
What is your favorite part of blogging?
Describe your dream vacation.
How do you take your coffee?










Thanks for the tag! I would be the first to die if there was a zombie apocalypse!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for tagging me!! I am finally getting around to answering my questions!! Mom Life never ends!! It is so worth it though!! :)
ReplyDelete