Quiet days.



Sometimes, I can’t believe the path it took to bring about our life together. Ella girl, you are truly a gift.  These are the moments I want to hold close to my heart.  These are the days I treasure - days spent visiting the farm, giggling at horse whinnies, petting cows, and running up and down the hills.  Thank you for making me a mom again, Ella.

Being a stay at home parent is a lot of work; this isn’t news to anyone.  There are days of exhaustion, and times where I wonder how I can be considered “qualified” to do this.  I’m fairly sure every mom in the world feels this way, whether she’s a working mom or home full time with her babies.  It’s just so funny to me how alllll of those cheesy Pinterest quotes and things ring true on a daily basis.  Being a mom really is like living with my heart walking outside of my body!  I used to scoff at the cheesy things, and now they make me weepy because they are true! I also keep hearing that one saying, “The days are long, but the years are short.” Dang it all if I didn’t have a little weepy fest last night as I remembered Ella will be FOUR. YEARS. OLD. next year!  Time, where are you going in such a hurry?!?

The weight of being half the team (hi, Ryan :) who has the privilege to raise my children and care for them isn’t lost on me.  The honor isn’t one I forget.  So, in the moments when I feel overwhelmed, I challenge myself to recall how much this life cost, and what it has taken to get here.  Simple, quiet days are a gift.  Time together is a gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment